A Catholic Church. This church was built in 1776. It was a Dominican priest, Fr. Daniel O’ Brien who was responsible for the building of this chapel. A delicate sculpture of the “Dead Christ” under the high Altar, which is the work of John Hogan (1800-1858), a most distinguished Irish sculptor of the 19th century. The marble for this piece comes from the same Carrara Quaries used by Michaelangelo. John Hogan spent most of his boyhood in nearby Cove Street, before leaving to study in Rome.