A pedestrian bridge, Daly’s Bridge is Cork’s only suspension bridge adjacent to Fitzgerald’s Park. It is known colloquially as the ‘Shakey Bridge’. A Cork businessman, James Daly a butter merchant, paid for half the cost of the bridge. The bridges’ span is 160 feet across the River Lee linking Sunday’s Well to the Mardyke. It was designed by S.W. Farrington, Cork City engineer and was officially opened in April 1927.