The entrances can be found off Grand parade, Princess Street and Patrick Street. The origins of this Market may be traced back to 1610 to the reign of James 1st of England. The present building dates from 1786 and was designed by Sir John Benson. A nineteenth century map refers to the Princess Street section of the market as the English Market, while the rest of the market is referred to as the Grand Parade Market. Nowadays the entire complex is popularly known as the English Market. A wide range of stalls, many in the same family for generations, selling vegetables, meat, poultry, bread, etc can be found here. In 1980 a fire seriously damaged the Princess Street end of the Market, but the Cork Corporation has carefully restored this part. The market is still a haven of fresh food and one of the few places that one can purchase Cork delicacies like Tripe and Drisheen. It was chosen by the Observer Food Magazine among the ten best food markets in Europe. The market continues to be very much part of Cork life.