The frontage of this gallery is of an interesting red brick dressed with limestone. Built in 1724 as the Custom House, when this street was then the King’s Dock. Up to 1832 it operated as a Custom House. It was extended in the year 2000. While at the Art Gallery note the Queen Anne style house frontage across the road, from the main door, which has been restored.